Hemp Hearts: The Future Of Wholesome Nutrition
Hemp hearts are the soft edible seeds that come from the hemp plant. Although marijuana belongs to the same cannabis family, hemp hearts contain less than 0.001 per cent THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol, the compound which is primarily responsible for marijuana's psychoactive properties.
Hemp hearts contain all the nine essential amino acids, the building blocks of protein which your body needs but can't produce on its own. As a complete source of protein, hemp hearts are beneficial for vegetarians by providing 19 per cent of the daily value of plant-based protein in just three tablespoons.
One of the amino acids found in hemp hearts is arginine, with 1,356 milligrams, which may help to lower blood pressure in hypertensive adults.
Main Benefits Of Hemp Hearts
The little seed from hemp is beneficial for your heart, brain, muscles, nerves, and blood cells from its valuable source of many B vitamins. In a 3-tablespoon serving of hemp hearts, you will find:
- Vitamin B1 - thiamine: 32 percent daily value
- Vitamin B2 - riboflavin: 7 percent daily value
- Vitamin B3 - niacin: 17 percent daily value
- Vitamin B6: 11 percent daily value
- Folate: 8 percent daily value
In addition, hemp hearts contain vitamin E and beta carotene, antioxidants that help strengthen your immune system.
A Comparative Analysis Of Hemp Seeds
Compared to other seeds in the market (chia, flax, sunflowers, etc.), hemp is by far the most nutritious. Here are some of the important benefits of why hemp is considered a superfood.
- Offers a naturally balanced 1:3 ratio of Omega-3 and Omega-6 Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs)- These EFAs are responsible for your immune system
- Hemp is nutritionally superior to Flax, Chia, or Fish Oil as it contains both GLA (gamma-linolenic acid) and CLA (conjugated linoleic acid)GLA is a fatty acid that has anti-inflammatory propertiesCLA is a building block of cell membranes
- Contains all 10 Essential Amino Acids
- Good source of dietary fiber
- Good source of calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and sulphur
- One of the complete sources of vegetable nutrition known to the world – 25% of the total calories is high-quality protein.
- Offers more protein than chia and flax seeds, which provide about 16–18%
- 65% of the protein is high-quality edestin, part of the protein that helps your immune system to properly function
- 35% of the protein is albumin protein, which helps hemp's protein get easily assimilated into the body
- A great alternative for protein if you are allergic to dairy or soy
- Does not raise cholesterol levels
Hemp hearts are a nature's powerhouse of wholesome nutrition. It can be easily added to your daily meals and there are several interesting recipes on our site to help you experiment with these earthy delights. Embrace the canna/hemp revolution and live life to the fullest.
Cannaessentials.in is one of the largest online marketplaces for hemp products in India. Check out our website to know more about hemp hearts, hemp oil, hemp protein, and other hemp-based products. To buy hemp oil for Arthritis online, visit our website. Let's revive wellness and improve lives!