Everything You Should Know About CBD Oil- PART 1
What is Cannabidiol?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a non-intoxicating compound that exists in the cannabis plant. It is in close relation with THC-the component that causes the high from cannabis.
CBD does not have any powerful effect on the body, unlike THC. It is a healing compound that helps you to manage pain and inflammation and gives a sense of calm.
Did you know the richest source of CBD is the hemp plant? Hemp is a species of cannabis that contain high amounts of CBD in natural form. It is used to make products like oils, edibles, creams, and capsules.
CBD vs. THC
CBD and THC both are cannabinoids present in the cannabis plant. These are different compounds, and their interaction with the human body is also different and has different effects.
Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is the component that causes you high. In marijuana, it is present in high percentages.
For example, THC is present in small percentages and CBD in high percentages in the hemp species.
CBD is non-psychotropic in nature, which means it does not have psychoactive effects. That also means CBD does not get you high.
Know-How CBD Work?
CBD interacts with the human Endocannabinoid System. ECS plays a vital role in balancing human bodies. The functions such as sleep to mood, to appetite, to bowel movements, and more. The ECS's primary role is to maintain the bodily homeostatic-biological balance in response to environmental changes such as physical and mental stress. Your body produces its own endocannabinoids to support the system. When there is a deficiency, you must have it from outside this where the cannabis plays its role. The plant produces phytocannabinoids that interacts with the ECS.
CBD plays' primary role is to block our endocannabinoids' breakdown and to allow our bodies to use more of what it naturally produces.
CBD is an incredible herbal supplement.
What is CBD Oil
The most common form of using the CBD is in the oil form, CBD Oil. The oil comes from stalks, flowers, and buds of the hemp plant. When you go online to shop CBD oil in India, you will come across the following forms of CBD oil:
- CBD tinctures: It is a liquid extract that is alcohol-based and consumed orally. Generally, it is kept under the tongue and left for absorption. It is also very safe to add to your food items. CBD tincture comes in glass bottle packaging with a built-in dropper in the lid to measure dosage.
- CBD Capsules: Pills and tablets filled with CBD oil is consumed directly with water like any other medicinal capsules and are rich in vitamins and dietary supplements.
- CBD Edibles: There are many different types of CBD Edibles. Some are sweet treats and candies. Common examples of edibles are gummies, chocolates, drinks, etc.
- CBD Vape Oil: It is either pre-filled oil cartridges attached to vape batteries or vape juice used in e-cigarettes.
- CBD Sprays: Its packing is the same as that of CBD tinctures with the slight difference of sprayer instead of the dropper.
CBD Oil vs. Hemp Oil
Some of the common names CBD Oil, CBD Hemp Oil, Hemp CBD Oil, and Hemp Oil are used when you are looking to buy any CBD Oil product in the market.
The idea behind CBD Oil is to have an extended concentration of CBD as a component that offers you essential healing effects.
Hemp Oil extracted from the seeds of the hemp plant. The oil contains CBD in low concentration and might not give you the true effects of healing the pain.
Different Types of CBD Oil
Three different types of CBD oil is present in the market, which a buyer should know:
- Full-spectrum CBD Oil: Full-spectrum contains more than 100 cannabinoids, more than 150 terpenes, and 20 different types of Flavonoids. Full-spectrum CBD has small amounts of all these, including THC.
- CBD isolate: When CBD products go further refining, they contain only CBD, no THC, flavonoids, and terpenes.
- Broad-spectrum CBD Oil: It is a mix of CBD isolate and full-spec CBD. It does not contain the critical element THC.
It was for the longest time as a stronger belief that CBD isolates work best. But recent studies say that full-spectrum CBD oil is better because of the process called the entourage effect. The process in which all the components work together to give you the best healing.