Are Hemp Seeds Good For You?
Hemp Seeds, also known as hemp hearts, are highly nutritious seeds that the female hemp plant produces once it has been pollinated by the male hemp plant. Containing Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids along with a wide range of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids, these little seeds are a great addition to any healthy lifestyle.
Studies show that Hemp Hearts may help to lower LDL cholesterol, lower blood pressure, strengthen the immune system, improve circulation, and more. With a slightly nutty flavor, these seeds are a great addition to salads, yogurt, smoothies, baked goods, and more!
Can Hemp Seeds Get Me High?
Hemp seeds come from the cannabis plant, Cannabis sativa. However, they do not contain tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which is the active ingredient in cannabis. Therefore, Hemp seeds do not produce a mind-altering effect.
Hemp seeds have a very rich nutrition profile. They contain high levels of antioxidants, fatty acids (Omega 3 and omega 6), minerals, and vitamins. The shells add fiber to your diet, and grinding the seeds helps the body to absorb more of the other nutrients. It is available in whole grain form or hearts (Broken like urad dal, black gram).
It can be consumed in different ways, such as:
- Sprinkling whole or ground seeds on salads,
- Adding the seeds to any batters and dough of roti, dosa, etc.
- Making hemp milk at home using whole seeds
- Sprinkling hemp seeds, along with various other seeds or nuts, on sweets,
- Or even, simply eat it like sesame, almond, or cashew nut.
How Can I Benefit From Hemp Seeds?
- They’re rich in healthy fats – they contain many essential fatty acids than flax seeds, walnuts, and many other oil-rich seeds;
- They’re packed with amino acids – over 20 different types of amino acids can be found in hemp seeds, amongst which the nine essential amino acids: isoleucine, histidine, leucine, lysine, phenylalanine, methionine, tryptophan, threonine, and valine.
- They contain highly-digestible proteins. Hemp seeds contain 30% proteins, of which 65% is edestin, a type of protein very similar to what can be found in the plasma, which makes it very easy to assimilate.
- They’re rich in vitamin E, which plays an important role in skin health, prevents inflammation and cognitive impairment.
- They’re rich in magnesium – which helps fight stress and anxiety.
- They’re rich in B vitamins (B1, B2, B3, B5, and B6) – which boost metabolism, regulate stress hormones, and are essential for your overall health.
- They’re rich in iron. Just 3 tablespoons of hemp seed oil provide 15% of the necessary daily intake of iron for an adult.
- They’re rich in zinc, which fights inflammation, fights the effects of free radicals, which can weaken the immune system and helps keep stress hormones under control. Just 3 tablespoons of hemp seed oil provide 30% of the necessary daily intake of zinc for an adult.
- They help strengthen the immune system.
- They boost the natural detoxification processes.
- They’re rich in phytonutrients.
- Because they help reduce inflammation, they’re recommended to people suffering from arthritis, cardiovascular diseases, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases.
- They help reduce cholesterol.
- They boost circulation.
- They contain sterols (not to be confused with steroids!), which can reduce the risk of colon cancer and prostate cancer.
Cannaessentials.in is one of the largest online marketplaces for hemp products in India. Check out our website to know more about hemp hearts, hemp protein, hemp oil, and other hemp-based products. To buy hemp oil for Arthritis online, visit our website. Let's revive wellness and improve lives!