Why Be A Couch Potato When You Can Hempify Your Life With Chicken Breast?
Ain't you bored of cool drinks for summer? The laziness craves taste, crunch, and health in one bucket- all credit goes to quarantine time and being a couch potato. Well, we have got your back.
Today we have a food recipe for you, which will work like a savage for you.
The dish is hemp crumbed crispy, baked chicken breast.
Talk about 'no guilt all pleasure' going right!
Let's roll into how to make it-
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup ground almonds or almond meal
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika (or any paprika)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into 1/4-inch thick strips1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- cooking spray (or you can also use olive oil in a Misto)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together hemp, ground almonds, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper until evenly combined.
- Set up your dipping stations in this order: (1) chicken strips, (2) whisked eggs (3) hemp breading (4) parchment-lined baking sheet. Dip each chicken strip in the eggs until they are entirely covered, then give them a little shake to let any extra egg drip off. Add the chicken strip to the hemp mixture, and gently toss until the chicken strip is completely covered. Remove and transfer the chicken strip to the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Give the chicken strips a good shot of cooking spray so that they are all lightly covered. Then bake for about 15-20 minutes, turning once halfway through, until the chicken is cooked and no longer pink inside and the breading is golden.
- Remove and serve warm with your desired dipping sauce.
Stay tuned to Cannaessentials for more recipes.