Chocolate Hemp and Oat Muffins
- 1 1/4 cups ﬂour
- 1 cup Crushed Organic hemp hearts
- 3⁄4 cup oats
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400℉ and place 6 liners into each well of your large size muffin baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients and keep it aside.
- In another bowl, mix together the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir together. Do not over mix, just stir until everything is incorporated into the batter.
- It is helpful to use a large scoop to evenly distribute the batter into each well. This will help give your muffins a nice puffy dome.
- Bake your muffins for 18-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Now mix 2 tablespoons of hemp hearts with the 2 tablespoons of sugar. Divide equally and sprinkle the mixture over the top of the unbaked muffin.